Wednesday, June 02, 2004

11:00 AM

Word of the Day:
torpid \TOR-pid\, adjective:
1. Having lost motion, or the power of exertion and feeling; numb; benumbed; as, "a torpid limb."
2. Dull; stupid; sluggish; inactive.

ex: I'm feeling somewhat torpid today. Knowing that I got enough rest yesterday, my torpidness can only be solved by an energy-accumulating activity such as running.

Dentist, cancelled! 1 down, a few to go.
edited to add: SCUBA school picked, just have to have my visa to sign up now! Will do as soon as I get home. (And it does start on my birthday, 6p-10p!) That's MONDAY! I'm so excited!!! I can't contain it!


Halfway to Xmas Since it's almost my birthday now, I know that Xmas is approaching faster than I can make gifts. I plan on making a scarf, a hat, and a purse for my mom, my sister in law, and my sister in law's mother. My brother will get either a scarf and a hat or a large comfy throw/blanket. But what am I going to get DBF? I'd rather make him something than buy him something (unless I know something he really really wants), but he doesn't wear scarves or hats. Maybe I'll make him a blanket since he's always bitching about being cold at my house. hehe. Eh, I don't know. I guess if I can get working (and finishing) on everyone else's stuff I can worry about his present when it's getting closer to time.

Of course his birthday is in just a few months... so that's a whole 'nother issue. He doesn't celebrate birthdays, so maybe his gift will be a bottle of wine that he likes and a nice evening not thinking about his birthday. I bet he'd enjoy that. And maybe a nightie or something along those lines just in case he gets the urge to unwrap something... hmm... That means I could go lingerie shopping again soon. Yes, I like that idea. A gift for me for his birthday, wonderful! (And I haven't even worn what he bought me for the weekend for him yet. Ay-yi-yi!)

Speaking of birthdays I can hardly wait for my gifts from mom and DBF. I want to buy yarn this week for mom's shawl for her birthday so I can get started on it, but I'm having to wait until after my birthday so I can mass buy the yarn. (After I get the stitch n bitch book I will know what kind of yarn I need for whatever project I decide to do first, so I can buy all the yarn at once then.) And, then I can start playing with the needles she's getting too!
And I've already previously mentioned today my incredible excitement on getting started on SCUBA! I want to start ASAP, if for no other reason than to just get in the water. I miss swimming!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home