Friday, June 04, 2004

So much to say!

Running crazy! Ha! I did it. I made myself go run. I went out at 7:30 and did my half hour run and it was great! A beautiful night. I'm very proud of myself and am planning on getting my 4 runs in next week even with SCUBA lessons.

The Clubhouse I'm so freaking excited! I visit this running website. And some of us CHers decided it was time to talk again. So we started calling each other. I've talked to/left msgs for/got msgs from: Xero, Chris, Megan, Kevin S, Ken (I hadn't talked to Ken in 6 months!!!), Andrea, and Jenn! Kevin S even sang me happy birthday. It has been very fun and I hope I get to talk to more people. Plus, while typing this my former cocaptain Tracy called and while I was talking to her Orza called and left me a happy birthday msg! I love my running friends!!

To knit with you! So the stitch n bitch wasn't yesterday... arg, will I ever make one? I did manage to do another 10 or so rows on Kyoko-san's scarf. I've also decided I will not be making scarfs on size 5 needles again anytime soon. Ahh! What a horrid idea! It's taking forever. I've done nearly 80 rows and am about a fifth of the way through. It looks very nice though and will keep her warm; she'll love it!
On a better note, as I walked out the door to go to work this morning, I found a package on the ground from UPS. It was from Denise Interchangeable Needles. I wonder if that is my gift arriving since that is what I asked for... hmmm, let me guess. Woohoo! It's here!! I get them on Monday and can start plotting my next move. Muahahaha!

Today is the day... After work today, DBF takes control until Sunday night. This is what birthdays are about. Relax, wait for suprises and presents, and just hang on for the ride. Yeah! I can't wait to find out what he's planned! My only thought is that perhaps on Saturday we might go to Schlitterbahn or the rock climbing gym... but those are very unlikely possibilities, I just can't think of anything else we might do. Maybe we'll just have a nice normal weekend again. Hit the farmer's markets, have lunch out, maybe have a poker game (that would rock), shop for my booties. I just like the excitement of not knowing AND that is new for me. I have to really trust you to like suprises. If it were my mom or anyone but my brother really I would hate this. It's kind of scary that means DBF has only one 'level' to go before having equal trust from me as my brother has. (And my brother has the most I can possibly give.) It's scary but makes me so happy. I couldn't marry anyone that I didn't trust with my life (which is the top level that only my brother has, which means I wouldn't be getting married...) but DBF is definitely closing in on that kind of trust. He makes me so happy. I love and respect him and trust him so much.

Well enough of that. Time for the word of the day review for the week.
badinage (bad-uhn-AHZH), noun: playful raillery; banter

ex: I need to learn not to take offense to DBF's badinage, especially since I tease him also.

torpid \TOR-pid\, adjective:
1. Having lost motion, or the power of exertion and feeling; numb; benumbed; as, "a torpid limb."
2. Dull; stupid; sluggish; inactive.

ex: I'm feeling somewhat torpid today. Knowing that I got enough rest yesterday, my torpidness can only be solved by an energy-accumulating activity such as running.

puerile \PYOO-uhr-uhl; PYOOR-uhl\, adjective:
displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity; juvenile; childish; trifling

ex: Sometimes I find that an overuse of badinage can come of as being very puerile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home